Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Fun

Almost time for Halloween!  So much inspiration and some cool techniques for making spooky fun creations.  I fell in love with the faux riveted metal look by Tim Holtz .  Was blown away when I saw  Steampunk'n! by Shelly Hickox.  Knew I had to try it when I saw The Gentleman Crafter's Jacked Up Jack-O-Lantern.

I wanted to put my own twist on it so I got the idea that I could alter this nice scarecrow guy.


So cute and happy, huh?

Wellllllll . . . .

when I got done with him, he was . . .





kinda creepy!  

We have affectionately named him creepy dude at our house.  He has the Tim Holtz faux riveted metal look on his face and his heart.  Various nuts and fittings for his eyes, nose and mouth.  Copper wire for his hands, feet, and hair.  A nice collar of leaves and that faux metal flower on his hat just softens him right up.  Not!

So much fun to make!  I love him and I hope you do to.  You've still got time to make your own creepy Halloween stuff.

Happy Crafting.  Thanks for looking.

Sharon

6 comments:

  1. LOVE HIM . . . your right, he is one "creepy dude" . . . kind of a Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde . . . GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Ha, ha he is a Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde isn't he?

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love Creepy Dude! Very Scary! You did an amazing job Sharon! You so good!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate you stopping by! Thanks, that means a lot.

      Delete
  3. I love how one idea leads to another - fab job Sharon - love him - The copper wire hair must have taken a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo, he is perfect now! I have passed over so many of those scarecrows as they just aren't my kind of Halloween NEVER thought about what could be done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.