Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Boxes and Graphic 45

Good Evening!

Just a week to go until Christmas. Are you ready?  Hope you are finding time to enjoy the season. 

Boxes and more boxes. The paper mâché boxes that you can pick up from your local craft stores make a great jumping off point for some festive Christmas projects and gifts. Throw in some Grapgic 45 papers, some glitter and embellies and in no time you have a one of a kind home decor piece, a gift box or a wonderful hostess gift. 

The first set of boxes is for a class that I recently taught at Chico Scrapbooks. Using the yummy Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas we decorated a set of nesting paper mâché boxes. The lids were topped off with some clear glitter. So sparkly and festive. 



On my sample I cut 1 x 1 squares to cover the sides of the boxes to look like tiles.  The ladies in my class started with my ideas and then made it their own. I love it when that happens. It makes me happy that others get inspiration from my projects and take it somewhere else. I unfortunately did not take any photos during the class so I can't share their creations. Note to self:  remember to take photos during class!

Here are some additional photos of my sample boxes. 






The second project I'm sharing is a small square paper mâché box covered with Graphic 45 Typography. I have a group of friends that has been gathering at my house every three months to work on a craft project. Everyone had a blast putting together their box.   We painted the boxes and then covered with the paper. A semi opaque medium was used as a glue and a sealer which gave a white washed effect. Didn't they do a great job?!





Each box is unique and reflects the personality of the creator. Thanks ladies!  It is so wonderful to spend time chatting, crafting, laughing, eating, and enjoying good company. 

If you are looking for a last minute gift or home decore piece why not try a pre made box covered with your favorite paper. So many possibilities!

Thanks for stopping by. I love it when you do and even more when you make comments. Happy creating!

Hugs, Sharon

















2 comments:

  1. Look at you! What a task and a gorgeous one at that! Love the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Projects like these are so fun and come together quickly.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.