Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 May

Hello!

thanks for stopping by.  Another Tim tag to share.  This month Tim challenged us to pick out some things from our trinket stash and do a creative composition assignment.  Yes, he asked us to actually use all those goodies we have been buying and "saving" for the right project.  Ha, ha, ha.

Check out Tim's inspiration piece on his blog here.

My composition is similar to Tim's.


This is the fifth month in a row that my friend Michele and I have gotten together to work on our tags!  So much fun.  We haven't managed to finish the tags while working together so I haven't been able to show you her versions.  I'm hoping at some point this year I will get pics of both of our versions.   Big shout out to Michele who is always so generous with her supplies and tools.  Thanks bunches!  Between the two of us we manage to always have what we need to complete the tags.

I have to say my favorite tile is the butterfly.  Just love that movers and shapers die.  And doesn't it look great that frame?


This was our first time using the Shadowpress words.  Takes some practice to get used to what they can do.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  The key is to not use a print that is too busy or the word just gets lost.


Here is some close ups of the trinkets I choose for my tiles.





This one took me out of my comfort zone a bit.  Felt good to stretch my creative muscles with these composition tiles.  

Are you playing along with Tim's 12 Tags of 2014?  If not, what are you waiting for?  Take some time each month for some creative play and join in!

I so appreciate you taking the time to check out my version of Tim's May tag.

Happy Creating!  Take care.  Hugs,  Sharon





3 comments:

  1. So, nice to have someone to craft with, the tag came out great! Only two more months, yahooo! Did you get your train ticket....lol
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Z! Will be here before you know it. Just got my ticket today. End of alphabet, ha ha.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.