Tuesday, September 2, 2014

North Carolina Day 3

Happy September!

The adventure in North Carolina continues.  This one is photo heavy so grab a cuppa and enjoy. 

On the third day we headed up Asheville and the Biltmore Estate.  Driving in I could tell this was going to be an amazing experience. So green and fresh. 



We started with lunch. The estate is a working farm so the food is fresh and delicious. 


The house, er, well, more like a castle really, is just stunning. We were not allowed to take photos in the house so I included a few pages from the brochure. 


The architecture is bigger than life and takes you back to another place in time. 





After our tour we had a coffee break and a little lookie in the various gift shops. Our last part of the day was spent exploring a little bit of the garden. 







Last shot of the from the end of the lawn looking back at the house. Pretty spectacular don't you think?


Fabulous day. Highly recommend visiting the Biltmore Estate.  Would love to go back and see how they decorate for the holidays. 

I promise I will get back to the crafty goodness. Just spent many hours over the weekend cleaning up my studio and purging some items I no longer use.  I'm excited to show you what I've done. In the meantime a little teaser on something I'm kind of excited about. I have repurposed a scrapping storage bag to hold some of my favorite things. Anyone remember these . . . 


I'll reveal what I've done later this week. 

One more post on the completion of my trip and the onto some crafting. After all we are fast approaching the holidays and cards and presents need to be created. 

Thank You so much for stopping by and joining me on my adventure. 

Happy Creating. Hugs, Sharon
















1 comment:

  1. wow! looks like this was a visual feast! so glad to see you having a good time! i think i could spend hours gazing at that pond.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.