Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ranger Ink Rocks! Happy Mail and Keeping Me Organized

Happy Thursday everyone!

I received some very happy mail today.  If you are a regular visitor to my blog or Facebook then you know I am a huge Ranger Ink fan.  The Ranger blog is one of my regular stops when I'm cruising the net.  Last week they announced the release of the remaining 24 colors of the new Distress Stain Sprays.  Check it out here.  To celebrate they picked 5 random winners from those who commented on their favorite color of the new stain sprays.  Well, as it turned out I was one of the 5 lucky winners!  Winner, winner chicken dinner!  Yay!

Yup, you guessed it my happy mail today was from Ranger and it contained my new sprays!  So excited to play with these.  They even included the Pumice Stone which I commented was my favorite. Happy dance!



Ranger Ink rocks, right?  Their products speak for themselves (can you say, I love Distress?!), they have amazing signature designers,  they are a US company who makes their products here at home, and are always keeping us inspired with a wide variety of posts and tutorials.

Many a Ranger product has made its way into my studio.  Like many crafters and artists I struggle at times keeping myself organized.  It can be a battle between having everything within reach and having enough space to create.  Did you know that Ranger has some ways to help you organize your inks, paints and various media?  There are some printable charts and labels that you can use that really come in handy.  If you go to their website main page and scroll all the way to the bottom you will see a link called "Organize Your Ranger Products".  You will see a variety of Ranger products from alcohol inks, Dylusions sprays, archival ink, and of course the Distress line.  Click on any of the pictures and it links you to a color chart and/or a label sheet.  Pretty cool, huh?

I spent some time last weekend labeling all of my Distress ink pads, paint, stains, embossing powder and glitter.  No more rooting around my bins to find the color I want.  Easy to see, easy to use, easy to put away.

Here are my full size Distress pads.  I actually printed 4 sets of labels so that no matter how I put it away I can see the color.  A lot more work than just one label per pad?  Yes.  So worth it.  I also have to give a shout out and big thank you to my friends Michele and George Wellman for this wonderful ink pad holder!  This was a gift that George made himself.  This is going to save me so much time.  Plus it looks great in my studio.  Thanks and hugs you two!!!!!!



There are also some larger slots that fit the archival ink pads.  My well used jet black along with my Wendy Vecchi archival pads.



Here is my Ikea Raskog cart filled with my most reached for mediums, embossing supplies, paints, stains, sprays and more.  Its on wheels so it rolls under my table when not in use.  On the second shelf you will see a clear bin that holds my Distress Paints and Stains.  These labels were printed from the Ranger website onto a full 8 1/2 x 11 sticker page and punched out with a 3/4" punch.


Much easier to find the color I want.  No more picking up each bottle to see what color it is.  Paints on the left and stains on the right use the same size punched out labels.



I also used those same labels for my embossing powders and glitters.  These are both stored in my spinning organizer from Harbor Freight Tool.



I have been trying to clean up and re-arrange my studio for several  months.  It is work but oh so worth it.  Thanks to Ranger my most used products are labeled and organized. 

Let me know if you are interested in seeing more studio organization by leaving a comment or sending me an email (listed on the top right of my blog).  I'm not quite ready for a full reveal but if there is interest I can show you areas as I get done with them.

Thanks again to Ranger for the wonderful prize!  You really do rock!

Appreciate you stopping by.  Happy Creating!

Hugs, Sharon






1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Looking good. Enjoy the holidays, Sharon. See ya in about 6 weeks. yahoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.