Sunday, January 18, 2015

Documented Life Project 2015 Week One

Hello Everyone!

I'm starting out the year making and surrounding myself with art!  It makes me happy!

Have you heard of the Documented Life Project?  It's a challenge by Art to the 5th Academy with monthly themes, weekly challenges, and journal prompts.  You can play along too by signing up with Art to the 5th.  There are weekly emails with the challenges, prompts and samples of pages.  The challenges and prompts are there to jump start your creativity.  What you create is up to you.  It is your choice to share your work or not.  I thought it would be a great way to ensure I get some creative play time in each week.

I am a bit behind as I was gone for 7 days to CHA (more posts on that later).  Today I'm sharing my week one page.  The theme for January is The Blank Page and How to Face It!

 The journal that Art to the 5th is using is my favorite - the Ranger Dylusions Creative Journal.  Those playing along can use this one or any journal or media of their choice.  I'm sticking with Dyan's journal.


I started with various book papers, maps, and tissue paper.


After adhering to page with gel medium I pulled out my Distress Stains - Salty Ocean, Broken China, and Picket Fence.

I added a pocket so that I could keep my goals private.  I also stamped a sentiment that reflects how I feel about the new year and all the possibilities it holds.


Using my favorite uniball signo white pen I added some doodling to the printed and stamped images.

These colors are so pleasing and this page makes me happy.  Looking forward to the next challenge.

Hope you make time to create art this year.

Happy Creating!  

Hugs, Sharon












1 comment:

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.