Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Joy-Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 December

Merry Christmas all!  Wishing you joy and peace this season and for the upcoming year.

I'm happy to be getting some crafty time in today.  Earlier this year I set a goal for  myself to create tags and projects for two monthly challenges.  The Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 and the Inspiration Journal monthly challenge.  It has been great fun and an opportunity to practice my newly found skills.

For December I was able to create one project that I can post on both challenges.  A joyful tag using one of my favorite inks Distress Broken China.

Using Tim's technique I created a background on a Ranger # 8 Manila tag using Distress Broken China ink and Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.  Additional distressing was achieved by spritzing some water on the tag.  I also distressed the edges and inked with Broken China.

I stamped Santa and his reindeer using the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Christmas Time stamp set onto white cardstock.  Using Distress markers and a water pen I colored in Santa's face, coat and mittens as well as some highlights on the reindeer.  I also colored the buckle and bridle with Distress markers.  As a final touch I added some Distress Rock Candy Stickles on Santa's hat and coat.   I trimmed around the Santa image and mounted him to the tag with foam tape.
I stamped the joy in Archival Jet Black Ink and added some more of the Rock Candy stickles.  I trimmed around the stamped image and inked it with Distress Broken China.  I also created more of the background on a scrap piece of the white cardstock and punched out some snowflakes.  The snowflakes were glued to the bottom of the tag and the joy was mounted with foam tape.
I believe that Santa represents the spirit of Christmas so its fitting that I chose a Santa image for my joyful tag.

May you carry a little bit of Santa with you all year long.  Find the joy in giving.  Practice RAK's (Random Acts of Kindness).  Look for the magic.  Choose a Joyful attitude and outlook on life.  A positive spirit can be spread to all those you meet in your life.

Blessings all.  Thank You for stopping by.  Please leave a comment if the spirit moves you.  

Hugs,  Sharon

Materials Used in Joyful Tag:

Ranger # 8 Manila Tag
Broken China Distress Ink
Brushed Pewter Distress Stain
Tea Dye Distress Ink
Distress Markers - Broken China, Tattered Rose, Barn Door, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Marvy Uchida Snowflake punch
Rock Candy Distress Stickles
Idealogy Crinkle Ribbon
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Christmas Time CMS 141
Joy stamp by Printworks



1 comment:

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.