hope you are having a great weekend! I'm getting some crafty time in tonight so I'm a happy girl.
This project, a card, has a little background story so bear with me. Last week my husband helped our niece pick out and purchase her first car. He found a wonderful car dealer about an hour an a half away but as it turned out the drive was worth it. She was able to get a used, one owner car in great shape within her budget. When my husband had initially called this dealer he had a good feeling about him and his instinct was right. Ok, I'm getting close to the crafty part here.
My husband asked if I could make a thank you card for this dealer. Oh sure I said. Hmmmm, I don't really have any car stamps or dies so wonder what I could use. Well, then my husband said these magic words: do they make a die that is a car? Really? Yes, of course, there is this cool Tim Holtz Sizzix die. More magic words: is it something you can get locally? Really? This is my husband asking me to go buy craft supplies! Well, I wasn't about to say no and pass up this opportunity so off to J's I went. Lo and behold there was an Old Jalopy die, and it was . . . old sale! Score!
I brought this baby home and just starting playing. The Old Jalopy die is a blast. So many possibilities.
After a few trial cuts I got the hang of it and I pulled out the paper, foil sheets, embossing folders, inks, and embossing powder. I'm happy with how my first car card turned out.
I adhered some scrap pieces of foil tape to some cardstock ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder and then die cut the bumpers. Those got colored with some alcohol ink.
I used a piece of plastic packaging for the windows and you can see if you look real close that there is some "dirt" on the windows I made with alcohol ink. The dirt road is Distress embossing power.
I finished off the inside with some gears inked up with the metallic Distress stains and a thank you sentiment.
I'm looking forward to playing some more with the Old Jalopy. Who knew a car die could be so much fun?
Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my latest project. Hope you take some time to get creative.
- Dies/Punches/Embossing Folders
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Old Jalopy and Gadget Gears
- EK Success Large Punch Real Estate Sign
- W R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper Stub
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Texture Fades Collage & Notebook Set
- Inks/Embossing Powder by Ranger/Tim Holtz
- Distress Inks - Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Vintage Photo
- Archival Ink-Jet Black
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink - Carmel
- Distress Stains - brushed pewter, tarnished brass, antiqued bronze
- Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Photo
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Clear - Lost and Found
- Hero Arts Clear Say It All