Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 May

Hello everyone!

My tag for the Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013 May is complete.  What a cool technique Tim shared with us this month.  Creating a resist using his new-ish remnant rubs.  I stuck pretty close to his original design while substituting with the supplies that I have in my stash.  I usually try to create something in the spirit of the technique and design without having to buy new supplies.  This time, I did buy the remnant rubs as I didn't have any.  And that's the point right?  To have the rub ons resist the Distress Stains.

My color palette is a bit darker but am completely pleased with the results.




Here are some closer shots of the tag.  I do adore this dress form stamp.  If you look close you can also see the tape measure/ruler and spool images as well.



One thing that I never get tired of, is coloring the crinkle ribbon with Distress.  It's like magic every time.  Amazing to me how well the ribbon takes the color.  It creates an embellishment that matches your project.  Each-and-every-time.  It's the little things, right?  Ha, ha, ha.


I get a lot of joy from learning new techniques.  So fun to practice on something small like a tag.  Once the skills are learned that same technique can then be applied to other projects.  It's also fun to look back at all the tags I've made so far to see how my skills are improving and how much I have learned.

If you haven't checked out Tim Holtz's monthly tags I encourage you to hop on over to his web site here.  See Tim's inspiration and then scroll down the bottom of the post to see everyone who has made their own version.  This wonderful crafting community is full of amazing, talented people.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank my followers.  I'm now up to 21 public followers, wooo hooo! And there are also others who stop by as well.  Thank You so much for your support and comments.  I appreciate all of you!

Thank You for stopping by.  Happy Creating!

Hugs, Sharon




6 comments:

  1. Great tag Sharon! I too love the dress form. I'm getting behind on my tags, hopefully I'll find some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari! Sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day. I always try to make time for creativity. It helps me to feel grounded and balanced. Looking forward to seeing your next project!

      Delete
  2. You should be please with your results it's a gorgeous tag. The background you created is beautiful, You're right it is the little things, I love that ribbon and must get some:) Your talent is soaring, and I'm glad I get to share in that, Have a wonderful creative weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dianne! So appreciate you following along and taking the time to comment. It means a lot. You have a creative weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. Oh Sharon! Just gorgeous ! Please bring Sat. You so deserve to attend Ranger U! I know we'd all write letters of reference for you! ;)
    You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! So much. You bet, I will bring on Sat! Looking forward to seeing everyone. I appreciate your support. Hugs my friend.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.