Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 January

Good Evening Everyone!

I will be playing along this year with the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014.  Thanks Michele and Jodie for joining in on the fun at Chico Scrapbooks.  I had finished the January tag before I left for CHA but didn't get a chance to post it.

I followed Tim's tag, substituting where I didn't have the exact items.  I don't have the pumice stone distress stain so I squeezed some pumice stone re-inker on my craft sheet, spritzed with water, and  dragged the tag through it.  It came out a little darker than Tim's but I'm happy with the result.

Love the grunge and metal.  So fun to work with the pocket watch die and gears texture fade.






If you want to play along check on Tim's blog post for the January 2014 tag.  He has a supply list and step by step instructions here.  Remember its not about creating an exact duplicate of his tag but using the techniques and supplies.  You don't have to create a tag.  I have seen journal pages, cards and other art pieces.  Would love to have you join in.  If you do please let me know.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Happy creating!

Hugs,  Sharon


4 comments:

  1. Great tag!!! As soon as I have my craft room all settled (almost there) I am going to a tag and try to participate in this years 12 Tags for 3014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yes it is so fun to create a tag each month. Please join Michele, Jodie and I at Chico Scrapbooks. We are working on them together.

      Delete
  2. Love your tag Sharon! Great to talk to you in person at CHA! Hope it was all you expected it to be!
    paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Paula! Wonderful to meet you in person. So inspired by what I saw at CHA!

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.