Monday, October 27, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014, October

Hello!  It's almost Halloween!  There is still time to create some spooky projects!  Tonight I'm sharing my version of Tim's October tag.

Isn't his tag so much fun?!  The colors and textures are amazing.  Check out his blog post here for details on how its done.


While I don't have all the materials Tim used I followed his concept and theme.  I don't have the new Distress Stain Sprays yet so I colored my tag with his Wrinkle Free Distress technique.  I also made my focal point the stamped/embossed image rather than the pumpkin.  Loving how it turned out.  Doesn't Mr. Skeleton look like he is having fun with his pumpkins?


The monocle hanging with the wish bone off the swivel clasp is such a clever way to hang charms on a tag or project.


Love how the texture paste takes color!



The tinsel makes a fun accent with the pumpkin.


I wanted to add a word with the alpha chips but felt with the size of the skeleton and pumpkin at the bottom that it would have been too crowded.  Just makes me smile to see Mr. Skeleton carrying that little pumpkin.


Hope you enjoyed my October tag.  There is still time to join in the fun and make your own!

Thanks for stopping in.  Happy Creating!

Hugs,  Sharon









4 comments:

  1. love your take on Tims tag, Sharon! The skeleton and pumpkins are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Sharon! Love the skeleton holding the pumpkin and a great background too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore your take on Tim's tag - that skeleton is a joy to behold! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.