Sunday, January 18, 2015

CHA Winter 2015 Classes

Happy Sunday,

I've been back a few days from CHA.  I took Wednesday to decompress and rest and then it was back to work on Thursday.  So much to share with you!  I'll spread it out over several posts.

Today I wanted to recap the classes that I took.  One of my favorite things about CHA are the educational opportunities.  It's a chance to learn some new techniques and use the latest projects.  These classes help store owners create samples to share with their customers and provide ideas for future classes.

Our first class was at Prima Marketing.  Jodie, the owner of Chico Scrapbooks, is a member of a independent retailers group, Crafters Home.  We were bused to Prima Headquarters and were lucky enough to have a class with Anna Dabrowka aka Finnabair.  I was in mixed media heaven!




We started with a canvas and added papers, paste, metals, and flowers.  Here is what my canvas looked like before the black gesso.  Yes, I said black gesso.


I did not get any photos of the next steps as I was so into the project that I forgot!  Gesso, sprays, and some wonderful beads and glitters.  What a fun project.  Thanks Finnabair and Prima!





Sorry for some of the slightly blurry photos here.  I was quickly taking shots of the finished canvas last night as I left it at Chico Scrapbooks to inspire our ladies.  Chico Scrapbooks will be doing a similar project in the near future!

Next class was with Graphic 45.  While I didn't have time to finish my project it was great to get to play with the new G45 mixed media album!  Our project was designed by the lovely and talented Annette Green using the new Home Sweet Home collection.  I will be posting the finished project at a later date.




I was lucky enough to get into Tammy Tutterow's sold out class.  We created an Art Pocket Binder to hold pocket, tag, and atc art projects.  Almost done with this one.  Always a pleasure to play with Distress and Idea-ology.





Such fun to meet you in person Tammy and take a class from you.  Your art is such an inspiration.  Thank You!

My last class at CHA was with Andy Skinner.  Grungy, painty, and messy fun.  Learned some new techniques with Deco Arts paints and products.

We learned Andy's Antiquated Applique techniques.


Lots of distress, rust, crackle, and texture going on here!




Thanks Andy for all the prep work you did for this class!

My finished project.  Doesn't it look like rusty, distressed metal?  But it is so light as most of the pieces are chip or foam board.  Cool!


Another big thanks to Andy, Deco Arts, and Stampendous for all the wonderful products we got to take home.



What a wonderful opportunity to learn some new techniques.  The ideas and products will keep me inspired for a long time to come.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Look for some more posts on CHA.  I'll share my favorites from Prima, Graphic 45, Sizzix, and of course Tim Holtz.

Happy Creating!

Hugs, Sharon













1 comment:

  1. What a blast you had! Spectacular creations, terrific people & mean skills you learned. Way to ring in the New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.