As promised here is my latest project. It's a mixed media piece inspired by Tim Holtz. One of the recent classes he has been teaching is the Patchwork Pandemonium. You can see an example here of his Patchwork piece. While I haven't had the opportunity to take a class from Tim when I saw this patchwork I knew that I wanted to try my own version.
The pieces that were not embossed got some additional stamping staying with the pink/brown/black color scheme.
Some of the pieces were painted with Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium matte and some with Distress crackle paint-clear rock candy.
I adhered the pieces onto the canvas using scor tape. Extra embellishments were added including some flowers made from a Sizzix Tattered Flower Garland die, some grunge pieces, and an Idea-ology gear, spinner and an a trinket pin.
I added pink twill tape for a hanger and finished off the back with paper from Tim's paper stash-Crowded Attic.
Thank You Mr. Tim Holtz for the inspiration!
I really enjoyed this process and will definitely be making more of these. The possibilities are endless. I'm going to take photos as I work on these pieces so I can give you some step by step instructions. In the meantime here is a list of what I used to create my Tim inspired patchwork:
- 9 x 12 Artists Canvas from Aaron Brothers
- Mix Media 9 x 12 98 lb paper from Canson
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flower Garland die
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades
- Bricked and Woodgrain set
- Pocket Watches & Steampunk set
- Texture Trades Playing Games set
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Damask set
- Cuttlebug embossing folders
- Forest Branches
- Stylized Flowers
- Decorative Tile set
- Distress Inks - Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Walnut Stain
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz stamps
- Papillion CMS106
- Stuff to Say CMS110
- Slight Alterations CMS060
- Visual Artistry (from Michaels) The Journey CSS30232
- Sizzix Charms and Buckles die
- Idea-ology gear, spinner and trinket pins
- Grungeboard Elements
- Doodlebug Doodle Twine in Beetle Black
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium in matte
- Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy
- Idea-ology paper stash crowded attic
Thanks for stopping by. I love to get your comments. Take some time to get creative!