Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 March

Happy Easter!

Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I was at a crop last night at one of our LSS, and was able to finish my March tag.  Speaking of LSS's I want to give a quick shout out.  Here in Chico, CA we are lucky enough to have not one, but two excellent scrapbook stores.  I'm proud to be a regular customer of both.  Paradise Scrapbook Boutique and Chico Scrapbooks both have great product, wonderful service, classes, crops and events.  If you live in the area or are ever visiting they are both worth a stop.

If you haven't been participating in Tim's 12 Tags of 2013 go and see what it's all about here.

The March tag was so much fun to make.  All about Easter and Spring.


I changed it up and used a butterfly image and clear rock candy dry glitter instead of the bunny and tinsel.  Look at the sparkle from that glitter.  Yummy!


Crinkle ribbon was dyed with Distress ink.  Love how the ribbon takes color so that you can match it to any project.  The sentiment is stamped onto the Tattered Banner. 


Flowers from the Tattered Flower Garland die were inked up as well and mounted onto memo pins as Tim did.  My grass was cut using the Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors.



It makes me happy to look at it.  A sign that Spring is here.

Materials used:
  • Sizzix Alterations Dies:  Hanging Sign, Movers and Shapers Mini Butterflies Set,  Tattered Floral Garland, Tattered Banners
  • Idea-ology:  memo pins, jump rings, crinkle ribbon, seasonal paper stash
  • Distress Inks:  Dusty Concord, Broken China, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye
  • Embossing:  Distress Embossing Ink, Ranger Sticky Embossing Power, Distress Stickles Dry Glitter-Clear Rock Candy
  • Other Paper - Core-Dinations Distress Collection
  • Tools:  Big Shot, Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors, Simple Sayings Stampers Anonymous Stamp Set
Blessings to you and your family.  Thank you for stopping by.  Happy creating!

Hugs,  Sharon





10 comments:

  1. Sharon, your tag is so pretty, I love the little springy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari! Those little flowers were fun. You might see them popping up other places too, lol.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tag. Loved how you did the butterfly and how you used the rock candy dry glitter. Your tag puts a smile on my face and make me wish for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Linda. So appreciate your support.

      Delete
  3. Sharon, very sweet tag. I'm glad you used the butterfly, they remind me most of spring and summer. Hope to see you at Karen's for the Scrapbook weekend. I'm looking forward to 3 days of play. Not sure what I'll be working on, usually it's more laughing and seeing what everyone else has been up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! Love using butterfly's on my projects.

      Delete
  4. Well...how did I miss this post? Fab turn of the butterfly...so cool! I love how you connected it as well! Great out of the box thinking here! Fab take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Really try to take to heart that Tim tells us to use what we have. That's the fun part of the challenge.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Appreciate that Chantel. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.