I have a fun project to share. Got to play with the new Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Pocket Watch Frame die. Taking my cue from the samples that I saw from Winter CHA I layered the pocket watch frames with gears and steampunky things. This watch became the focal point for a birthday wall hanging for my friend Jodie.
Because of the unusual size and shape I ended up making a holder, or envelope if you will, to hold it. I took a 12 x 12 piece of paper and folded it around the wall hanging. There were gaps so I created a cover with the birthday greetings and held it all down with some hook and loop tabs. Makes for a nice presentation.
You can see how the holder is folded. Loving the new French Industrial Paper Stash!
Here is the finished piece. Since the paper is double sided the envelope looks good open or closed.
A closer view of the watch. You can see the gears background created with foil tape and the Gears Texture Fade. The steampunk guys were stamped and cut out.
The sentiment was stamped on a Styled Labels die and coated with Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy.
The watch key die cut is hanging from some ball chain and is held in place with a memo pin.
I used copper wire to create a hanger. Here you can see the close up of the chicken wire stamp from the mixed media set. One of my favorite stamps.
This was so fun to make! Love me some steampunk. Look for some more with the pocket watch die. I've got some other ideas formulating! Ha, ha.
- Paper: Tim Holtz: Core-dinations Distress cardstock, Idea-ology French Industrial Paper Stash, Idea-plogy 8 x8 Collage Paper Stash; chipboard from my stash
- Dies: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations: Pocket Watch Frame, Mini Clock Key & Pocket Watch, Sized Circles, Styled Labels, Gadget Gears, Tattered Floral, Tattered Banners, Tattered Floral Garland; EK Success Large Punch Flourish Square
- Embossing Folders: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fade: Blueprint and Gears Set, Diamond Plate & Riveted Metal set
- Stamps & Ink: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Stuff To Say, Mixed Media, Slight Alterations, The Journey, Curious Possibility; Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee and Jet Black; Distress Metallic Stains; Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy
- Misc: Idea-ology memo pin and gears; ball chain, burlap, copper wire
Thanks for stopping by. I so appreciate all of you. I love to get comments. Happy Creating!