Friday, February 14, 2014

Masculine Valentine Shadowbox


Happy Valentines Day!

Hope you are spending it with one you love.  My husband and I try to make every day about love and we know how much we love each other so a long time ago we agreed that we didn't need to make a big fuss over this one day.  We usually don't even exchange cards.  I'm ok with that.  He is the best husband and does so much all the time to show me he loves me and how important I am.

That being said this year I was inspired to create him a valentine shadowbox.  Something he could keep in his office.  When I saw the Love Letters post by Emma Williams I knew I had to make my own version of her shadow box.



Check out Emma's Love Letters post here.  I discovered Emma through either a Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp post.  She does amazing work and I find inspiration there all the time.  Thank You Emma!

I wanted to surprise the hubbie with this token of my affection.  When he was in the shower this morning I snuck into his office and left it on his keyboard.  It made me so happy to be able to surprise him and see the gratitude and love in his eyes.  Love this man!  So glad to have him in my life.

Ok, the mushy love part of the post is complete.  Tee Hee.  On to the project.  As I said I got very excited and inspired when I saw Emma Williams shadow box.  

It is made with chipboard and the Tim Holtz Sizzix postage stamp die.  All the hearts, the feather, and the pen nibs are also die cut from chipboard. 



Old book paper was used for the background.  The banners are from watercolor paper and then stamped and inked.


All of the hearts were embossed with texture fades.  Some were crackled.  The final touch was a spritz with the new Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer using copper and gold sharpies.


Great little project, don't you think?  So many possibilities with this.  Holidays, birthdays, special events, or just because.  Gather your chipboard, dies, texture fades, inks and mediums and have some fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love to get your comments.  Happy Creating!

Hugs,  Sharon





4 comments:

  1. Love your shadow box Sharon! What a thoughtful and personal gift! I have never made one and just love the idea. Those TH sentiments are just perfect for it with the banners. I bet you are having fun spritizing! I have my SU one, and my Distress Markers did fit so I am glad. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie! I hope you try one and have some fun yourself. The spritzing is a bit addictive, lol.

      Delete
  2. what a great use for the postage stamp die, and a lovely gift for your hubbie. he sounds like a sweetie pie :-) I love all the texture in your die-cuts and how you've grunged up the pen nibs! has tim seen this? if not, he should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivian! I had so much fun embossing the chipboard and grunging everything up. Makes me happy to see it in hubbies office.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.