Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Create n Connect Recap

Good evening,

I wanted to give you a recap of my time at the summer CHA show, Create N Connect. Wow, still pinching myself that I had the opportunity to attend. Thanks and big hugs to Jodie at Chico Scrapbooks!

I wish that I had taken more photos. Some of the time I just plain forgot and others times we were just so busy I didn't have time.  So much to see and do  

We were on the move from the time we got up on Saturday morning to the time we left on Thursday. Saturday and Sunday was spent at the Crafters Home Showcase. Crafters Home is a group of independent retailers. We took classes and got to see new product previews. 

Monday we attended an off site cross coordinated marketing extravaganza. Lots of projects and products to see. 



A highlight was meeting Anna Dabrowska, a fantastic artist who rocks the mixed media canvas. 




Then it was time for classes. Dylusions tag album with Ranger designer Dyan Reavevely. 


The Magic of Steampunk Spells with Laura Denison. After following her blog and attending Usteam classes it was so fun to meet her in person. She taught a wonderful class with the Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells line. So this is one of those times I didn't even think to get a photo, ha, ha. Jodie was on top of it and posted to the Chico Scrapbooks Facebook page. 

Tuesday the show floor opened. So much anticipation for the upcoming craftification!



We were on the floor Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Of course I had to visit the Ranger and Sizzix booths. Amazing to see the demos with Tim, Dyan, and Wendy!  So much inspiration with all the samples. 













The Prima booth was full of eye candy!  One of the big trends was chalkboard themed paper. Prima rocked it. 





Other favorite booths included:

Kaisercraft- loving the cute mini dressers


Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft


Also loved but didn't photograph (sorry😜), Elizabeth Craft Designs,  We R Memory Keepers, and Graphic 45.

Tuesday evening I had a mixed media canvas class using Faber-Castell gellatos, pens, and watercolor pencils taught by the fun and talented Donna Downey. I got all inky creating this canvas. 



Attending a CHA was a dream come true. The crafting community is a fun neighborhood to hang out in. So much positive energy and inspiration. 

A great big thank you to my traveling companions Barb and Jodie!  You made the trip so special and fun!

Well, that's my big crafty adventure.  Hope you enjoyed the recap. For those of you local to Chico and the Northstate area be sure to stop by Chico Scrapbooks to see the new products and to sign up for classes and events inspired by what we saw. 

Thanks for stopping by. Happy creating!

Hugs, Sharon






































4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your experiences. what i loved most out of all these photos was seeing your happy glowing face. i can tell you had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment! I totally had a ball!

      Delete
  2. You were there and we didn't meet??? I didn't realize. So sorry. Great photos though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, huh! Would have been fun to hang out. Thanks for checking out my recap. Hugs to ya!

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.