Monday, July 29, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 July

Good Evening all!

Another take on Tim Holtz tag for July.  Check out Tim's post to see his techniques and what other crafters have posted here.

While I am a big fan of patriotic works I don't have the Distress Stain colors or the Sizzix die that Tim used.  I went in a completely different direction utilizing the same techniques.





The background is created using Distress Stains and a brayer.  On my tag I used Broken China,  Iced Spruce, Shaded Lilac, and Seedless Preserves.  Those same colors were used on the die cut bird, branch, swirl and ribbon.  Gathered Twigs and Brushed  Pewter were added to the branch.


Wonderful texture with the Distress Stains over the crackle.




Can't believe we are already through seven tags for 2013!  Having so much fun learning all these techniques.  This one has a wonderful grungy vintage feel and will be using this on other projects.

Be sure to check out the Tim Holtz website for more inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by.  Love to read your comments.

Happy Creating!

Hugs,  Sharon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it very much.